Today there are over 3 billion people using internet and 2 billion of them are active on social media. When social media was introduced, no one had really thought that it would benefit people in their business. It was considered as a trend only for the entertainment of kids. Over time it was all proved wrong. Now the companies have become marketing mammoths using social media for brand promotion and ad campaigns.
Nowadays B2B marketers gradually adopt the use of social media, it’s easy to be present on different networks. This can lead to an inclination of your brand on too many networks. To get the biggest knock for your social media marketing money, the spotlight goes on these three:
- LinkedIn- It is basically a platform to make contacts and building. The strength lies in what informational content you are providing. Currently, there are 260 million users on LinkedIn over 200 counties. It allows you to target location, industry, title, company and other demographics. Once you start the interaction on LinkedIn, you can take that relationship in person. LinkedIn acquired Slide Share in the year 2012. You can upload presentations here and attract more audience
- Google+ – with 540 million users, Google+ is gathering good attention as compared to LinkedIn and Twitter. If we see from the point of search engine ranking, you cannot afford to stay absent here. The quality content will give you highest ranking in Google search. It allows you to follow and engage people to your brand.
- Twitter- with a number of 500 users who daily ‘tweet’ is at the 3rd position. The word limit for writing a tweet is 140 characters. Though people find out ways to promote the brand. If the people on your list want to seek help from you regarding your brand then you must have a conversation with them and build relationship and loyalty. On an average, B2B marketers who use twitter generate twice as many leads as those who don’t.
- Facebook- social media is now an important asset of marketing. Seeing the increasing number of youth on Facebook, marketers should not think that this platform is irrelevant for them. It is giving an opportunity to expand your footprints online and engage customers using the right tool. With 54% of traffic on business pages, 9% leads are generated from it.
Undoubtedly, other networks do exist for B2B marketers. But until you have achieved the desired goals, it’s more effective to have a strong existence only on some networks than a weak presence on many. A wise act of free goodwill offers can be a great grip for building trust in the B2B world.
Some beneficial key points which can help your company grow:
- Customer Insight: who they are, what they like and their thoughts about your brand.
See these below mentioned stats. Everyday there are-
500 million Tweet
4.5 billion Likes on Facebook
95 million photos and videos
- Awareness and Loyalty: your presence on social media helps you in connecting to your customers. Social connection assists you in maintaining your brand and company.
“A study by The Social Habit shows that 53 percent of Americans who follow brands on social are more loyal to those brands.”
- Ad campaign: An affordable way to promote and spread awareness is running an ad campaign. The idea of these is to target the right audience. Most of the companies are running ad campaigns so that they can easily target audience. For instance,
if you are running an ad campaign of LinkedIn, you can segment your audience according to location, company, job title, gender, and age and so on whereas on the Facebook ad you can target based on location, demographics, interests, behaviors, and connections.
- Generating leads: Nearly 75 percent of companies are present on social media. In a survey, it was told that there is an increase in sales for every year. Regular interaction with customers and posting quality content also helps in lead generation.
- Increase in web traffic and search ranking: One of the biggest benefits of marketing in social media is that it accelerates the web traffic. More you work on social media, higher goes the ranking.
- Competitors are also necessary: what the competitors are up to? This answer can be gained from social media sites. You can get key information about your competitors through social media.
- Share content regularly: you need to share content on an everyday basis. If you don’t do, your valued customers can easily disappear. But you should keep in mind that the content what you are posting should not be promotional every time. Mix and post images, texts or small explainer video about your brand.
- Customer service: build a good relationship with the customers in such a manner that they always are curious to see new things from your brand. If customers come with any kind of issue, try to resolve it as soon as possible. According to a report,
“42% customers who reach out to brands online expect a response within an hour.”
- Posted by Mark Williams
- On February 23, 2017